Mark 2:14-17 NASB
“As He passed by, He saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting in the tax booth, and He *said to him, “Follow Me!” And he got up and followed Him. And it *happened that He was reclining at the table in his house, and many tax collectors and sinners were dining with Jesus and His disciples; for there were many of them, and they were following Him. When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they said to His disciples, “Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?” And hearing this, Jesus *said to them, “ It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
RELATIONSHIP > RULES - Jesus invites the unlikely
POWER OF GOD > WILLPOWER - Have you been changed? We have been called out to be sent in!
- Called out to be repaired/healed
- Called out to be prepared
- Called out to be trained
- Sent in to be an ambassador for Christ
- Sent in to be a reconciler for Christ
- Sent in to be a representative of Christ
“Again he said, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you.”
John 20:21 NLT
“Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”
John 20:22 NLT
- You ought to get to a place where “CHURCH AS USUAL” doesn’t do it for you anymore!
- There should be a progression in your relationship w/ God to such a degree that you shift from being a CONSUMER to being a PRODUCER!
- When you chose to “FOLLOW CHRIST” you BECAME a Disciple of Christ
- And as you grow you become a Disciple that MAKES Disciples
- Because you’ve experienced His Love you can GIVE love
- Because you’ve been Healed you can assist others as they heal
- Because you’ve experienced Grace & Mercy you can GIVE grace & mercy
- You are FILLED, you are AUTHORIZED, you are OVERFLOWING with the Spirit of God!!
My Lord, King, and Father, I thank you for Your love! I thank You for forgiveness. I’m so grateful to be Your son. Grateful that You love me. Father, I’m grateful for Your Word, I’ve hidden it in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Help me Lord. Help all of those who have an ear to hear this message.